General Question

metadog's avatar

What kind of shoulder stitching is this?

Asked by metadog (378points) July 10th, 2017
2 responses
“Great Question” (1points)

Hi! I’m kind of a big guy with pretty big shoulders. I pretty consistently have a hard time finding shirts that fit me right across my shoulders, chest and arms… Then at my waist, which isn’t as big as my top parts. Under Armour makes workout shirts that have an extra piece of fabric on the shoulder with stitching in the front and back, instead of along the shoulder crest (Amazon has a good example, it is called the “Men’s Under Armour Tech Short Sleeve T Shirt”). These fit me a lot better. But what is that kind of stitching pattern called? I am probably going to need to know the name of it if I am going to ask for it. Thanks!

Observing members: 0
Composing members: 0


Love_my_doggie's avatar

If I’m looking at the correct photo, I’m seeing a raglan sleeve. The sleeve extends fully to the collar as a point, creating back-and-front diagonal seams from underarm to collarbone.

The lack of shoulder definition makes the finished garment very easy to fit. I love to knit, and I often use raglan sleeves on my sweaters. There’s no need to worry about whether the shoulder width is too narrow or broad.

Tropical_Willie's avatar

At a guess on my part ^^ @Love_my_doggie has a WIN.

Answer this question




to answer.

Mobile | Desktop

Send Feedback