General Question

flo's avatar

What do you call the vehicle that clears the snow from the sidewalk?

Asked by flo (13313points) February 10th, 2020
23 responses
“Great Question” (2points) (snow removing vehicles google images)
What is the name of that as opposed to the one that clears the streets parking lots etc.? “Sidewalk Snow Removing Vehicle”? I don’t think so.

Observing members: 0
Composing members: 0


Patty_Melt's avatar

It is an in track vehicle.

Response moderated (Unhelpful)
elbanditoroso's avatar

Sidewalk snowplow

Response moderated (Unhelpful)
Response moderated (Unhelpful)
Response moderated (Unhelpful)
RedDeerGuy1's avatar


Response moderated
stanleybmanly's avatar

The modifier “sidewalk”
or “little” before blower or plow.

Response moderated (Unhelpful)
JLeslie's avatar

I had trouble with the link. Most likely a snowblower.

Was it the machine the dinosaurs are using in this video? A winter time favorite.

Response moderated (Unhelpful)
Jonsblond's avatar

Snow plows clear the roads. Snow blowers clear the sidewalks.

elbanditoroso's avatar

Look at this:

It isn’t a snowblower

snowberry's avatar

Now, that thing is classy! You can stay all nice and toasty while clearing the walk. It’s basically an ATV with track wheels and a plow on the front.

Dutchess_III's avatar

Snow blower. Or a snow shovel.

Response moderated (Unhelpful)
cookieman's avatar

In the city I often see miniature snow plows, the size of a ride-a-mower, clearing the sidewalks. Driver rides in a little cage. Has tank treads and a V-Shaped snow plow on the front.

Not sure if they have a distinct name.

flo's avatar

I checked my link and it’s no longer the one I posted. It was similar to the one @elbanditoroso posted.
@Jonsblond They are all “snow plows” side walk ones or street ones, other that the big ones that vacuum the snow into a big trucks that haul the snow away. I’m referring to the city owned ones one that pushe the snow from the sidewalk onto the street.

flo (13313points)“Great Answer” (0points)
Jonsblond's avatar

It’s just called a sidewalk plow. @elbandit is correct.

flo's avatar

@Jonsblond I was responding to “Snow blowers clear the sidewalks.” in your post before last.

flo (13313points)“Great Answer” (1points)
Jonsblond's avatar

Yes, I understand.

flo's avatar


flo (13313points)“Great Answer” (0points)

Answer this question




to answer.

Mobile | Desktop

Send Feedback