General Question

[NSFW] Let's say a 16 year old male teenager molested a 7 year old male child. What impact would that have on the child's developement?

Asked by puckeraf (4points) 5 days ago
9 responses
“Great Question” (1points)

Hypothetically speaking ofcourse

Observing members: 0
Composing members: 0

Answers

I don’t know about others. I suppose that we are all different. At 7 years old a male child should be pretty well developed emotionally.
When I was 5 years old I was molested by a 9 year old boy. He took me to the back of the YMC behind bushes and told me to suck his penis. I didn’t do it right so he pulled my pants down and demonstrated on me. Emphasis on the sucking aspect. I understood what he meant but I intensionally did it wrong. He got mad and ran off leaving me sitting there with my pants down.

That was weird. I don’t think it screwed me up. Perhaps that may have contributed to me being extra shy around girls but I don’t know. It did open my eyes to be aware perverted people. Later when my older step brother tried to hump me (when I was in 4th grade), I fended him off well.

I’ve been married for 31 years to my wife. Still love her like we were newly married.

I don’t think a 7 year old child is well developed emotionally.

I think it’s hard to answer the question (as it’s asked) because the answer would depend on what occurred, how often it happened (once or several times or a multitude of times), the circumstances around it happening (was the victim threatened? was the perpetrator a relative, a friend, a stranger?) where did it occur (at home, at school, at a friend’s house, at a relative’s house), and also every child is different. Some children might come through relatively unscathed, some might harbor hidden fears or desires or trauma that might not come out for months or years. Some might be affected at school. Some might be affected in ways specific to the details of what happened (i.e. who did the molesting, where, etc.).

I think it depends on the child. This garbage happens way too often. Some kids will just brush it off as a bad experience and move forward, others might be very traumatized, some might feel shame. Every person is different.

Response moderated (Unhelpful)

As @jca2 said, too many variables to answer. Was it violent? Was the abuse on-going? Was it by a stranger or trusted family member?

Sorry for your experiences @gondwanalon. ♡

Of course it would impact that child for all of his life..trust issues are one for sure.
Fear of men around him,adults,grandparents etc
Gawd why would you even think that it wouldn’t affect a child overtaken by an older person?
This is what makes some abused kids go into drugs to forget an later if not helped by a professional cousellor would have dire outcomes.
Life is hard as it is not to add this kind of senseless abluse onto children.

A negative life long life-changing effect.

I’m sure somewhere there is a child who committed suicide over an assault like this. It is assault. I had a friend who was raped at the age of 10 and she tried to brush it off like it was nothing. These things happen. When she understood it didn’t happen to everyone, she attempted suicide more than once. She claimed it was over other things, but I felt it was because she never dealt with the fact that her uncle raped her when she was 10. It destroys people. It destroys souls and confidence. It destroys potential and sometimes it destroys their life permanently and if they repeat what was done to them, it keeps destroying. It is a horrible act.

It will affect both the 16 yr old and the 7 yr old.

Both to differing degrees depending on the person, the support they get and their desire to help their situation.

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.

Mobile | Desktop

Send Feedback   

`