General Question

How you effectively dealt with the situation?

Asked by Moonlight0213 (10points) 1 week ago
6 responses
“Great Question” (3points)

how would you effectively dealt with the situation, set goals for the student to work on in the future based on the scenario, and ways in which you and your teaching team will support the student to come.

Scenario: During structured social time, Johnny doesn’t receive his first choice of a game that he wanted to play. He struggles to be flexible and participate in the activity.

Observing members: 0
Composing members: 0

Answers

Sounds like you need to read your textbook and get some ideas of your own. We’re not here to do your homework.

Let’s set a goal for you: come up with some ideas, and we will critique them.

The reason I’m asking for ideas is because I’m having trouble thinking of how to even approach it!

This situation doesn’t state the child’s last name, so how do you addressing the family in an email?!

Also, if Johnny is having trouble accepting the reality of him not getting his first choice.

Do you first stop him from shutting down in the classroom? Or would you try to let him have his moment then when he comes around do you try and talk to him?

Would it be appropriate if I addressed the family saying
“I’m writing to you to let you know of a challenging difficult moment that Johnny experienced. Today while Johnny was In Structured social time, Johnny didn’t receive his first choice for a game and shut down having intense difficulty in participating in the activity.

Would I be appropriate if I was to ask if the same behavior has been witnessed at home? And to ask how the family comes to handle Johnny when he doesn’t get his first choice or way.
How was it handled effectively? I first came to understand Johnny’s frustration, and not Interrupt him with his answers and feelings. Then maybe we brainstorm how we can approach the situation where we can learn to accept that if we do not get our first choice it doesn’t mean we will never have that choice again.

Would it be okay if I was to say, it’s always fun to try a different choice or activity because it gives us a way to experience something new.

I have no idea of ways me and my team can work together to support him for the future…

If I received that email from a teacher based on a single incident I would raise holy hell and have a conference with the teacher and the Principal that the teacher was not doing their job, but instead was finding fault with my child.

The kid doesn’t need support, he needs to learn that everyone takes turns choosing the activity. And also if most people want to play x,. then the majority has chosen.

This situation doesn’t state the child’s last name, so how do you addressing the family in an email?!

OMG! And you’re a teacher?! I didn’t even read your post beyond that sentence because frankly, you’re not intelligent enough to be teaching if you can’t figure out how to address someone in an email.

how would you effectively dealt with the situation, set goals for the student to work on in the future based on the scenario,...

Also, that sentence structure is incorrect on several levels: no capitalization of “how”; no question mark after “situation”; and it’s a run-on sentence, just to start with.

I also agree with @zenvelo. There shouldn’t even be an email, especially if it’s the beginning of the school year like it is for most places in the U.S. It’s called ‘teaching’ for a reason; teach the kid what you expect from him!

Aren’t teachers trained for this? Just let one incident pass, many incidents might
require you do something. Experience will eventually teach you what to do.

You are a teacher, hold your head high!

how would you effectively “dealt”? What is the subject you’re teaching and in what language?

Answer this question

Login

or

Join

to answer.

Mobile | Desktop

Send Feedback   

`