Social Question

Kickerk's avatar

If we sell our house in the UK and move to Canada do we pay capital gains tax?

Asked by Kickerk (8points) January 11th, 2010
3 responses
“Great Question” (0points)

Would we have to pay capital gains to Canada? If so at what %?

Observing members: 0
Composing members: 0


dpworkin's avatar

I don’t know international tax law, but in the states if you purchase a new home your tax obligation rolls over, and there is no gain.

wundayatta's avatar

It seems to me that you’d have to pay the capital gains in the nation you were residing in when you earned the capital gains—the UK. I’m not an international tax lawyer, but it stands to reason.

Kickerk's avatar

Ok, thanks, I’ll see if I can get some more research, Thanks.

Answer this question




to answer.

Mobile | Desktop

Send Feedback