General Question

Basketcase's avatar

Could my clumsiness be related to my loss of appetite?

Asked by Basketcase (198points) January 30th, 2010
6 responses
“Great Question” (2points)

Lately I have just not really felt hungry.I am not ill and feel fine in every other respect. I eat without problem but I do not feel cravings for food.

I have used this reasonable frame of mind to improve my eating habits- cutting out fast food and eating healthier. Still for me it just seems a bit easy.

So I went back in my mind to about 10 days ago when this frame of mind started and the only thing that happened was that I twisted my ankle and fell down a half- flight of carpeted stairs to the landing. I was not seriously hurt at all, just sore the next day. I did, however, shake uncontrollably for a half hour after the fall despite the fact that I was not frightened, cold or in pain. But that was it. No lasting problems.

What I am wondering is if the lack of appetite could be related to the fall? Could it have triggered a psychological response that has stuck with me?

I am not complaining- just really curious.

Observing members: 0
Composing members: 0


Chongalicious's avatar

I’m not so sure about the loss of appetite or the shaking, but the clumsiness could be related to the iron levels in you blood. Have you checked with a doctor?

Tropical_Willie's avatar

@Basketcase The shaking after taking the fall was probably shock. You may have banged your head hard enough to cause shock. The eating healthy is just what it is…. I am not a doctor and this is not intended to treat or cure any illness.

CaptainHarley's avatar

You may have suffered neurological damage. Please see your physician at the earliest opportunity.

stranger_in_a_strange_land's avatar

What @CaptainHarley says and also get tested for nutrient or vitamin deficiencies.

filmfann's avatar

I become quite clumsy when overtired. If you aren’t eating, you could be overtired.

daemonelson's avatar

The best bet would be that the shaking was shock. Somewhat counter-intuitively, you don’t need to be shocked to be in shock.

Also, deficiencies would be a good guess. Get a blood test.

In other news, I think it would probably just be coincidental.

Answer this question




to answer.

Mobile | Desktop

Send Feedback