General Question

ben's avatar

Is there a special word in backgammon when you pass each other and there’s no chance of attack?

Asked by ben (9080points) May 30th, 2021
8 responses
“Great Question” (7points)

Having trouble looking this up… any backgammon wizards out there?

Topics: ,
Observing members: 0
Composing members: 0


kritiper's avatar

Never heard of such a thing. And my rule book makes no mention, either.

Zaku's avatar

I’m not sure exactly the situation you mean, but maybe “Break Contact”, as described on this Backgammon glossary.

rebbel's avatar


Response moderated (Unhelpful)
JLeslie's avatar

Break Contact.

Double check me, but I think that’s the term. I haven’t played backgammon in years. We used to also say “it’s just a race now,” but I think that was an expression in my family.

JLeslie's avatar

I just saw @Zaku had it. I didn’t notice when I first came to the Q.

Jeruba's avatar

Lovely to see you here, Ben.

ben's avatar

Thanks, @Zaku and @JLeslie!! Just what I was looking for.

Answer this question




to answer.

Mobile | Desktop

Send Feedback