General Question

Mimishu1995's avatar

What is the name of this grammar and how do you use it?

Asked by Mimishu1995 (23718points) August 29th, 2023
2 responses
“Great Question” (5points)

The ones in bold?

Seeing the fly, she quickly grabbed the swatter

Having said all what needed to be said, they left the room.

I just can’t seem to find a name for this grammar. What does it call and how do we use it in a sentence?

Observing members: 0
Composing members: 0


Lightlyseared's avatar

Introductory clause. It sets the stage for the rest of the sentence.

LostInParadise's avatar

They are participle phrases. In both cases they are being used as adjectives. They can also be used as adverbs. When a verb ending in ing is used to create a phrase that acts as a noun, it is called a gerund phrase. Link

Answer this question




to answer.

Mobile | Desktop

Send Feedback